Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian Model 59/85

Article about: Hi fellow collectors here's a Model 59/85 from my collection which I thought you might to to see and comment on, this one is named and has an MD89 Camo cover attached, of particular interest

?

Default Yugoslavian Model 59/85

Hi fellow collectors here's a Model 59/85 from my collection which I thought you might to to see and comment on, this one is named and has an MD89 Camo cover attached, of particular interest ( well to me at least!) is the remnants of the Communist star on the from of the shell, I have had previous confirmation from a fellow Serbian collector that this is a genuine used piece from the Balkans war in the 90's , many thanks for looking,regards Opex.

Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Yugoslavian Model 59/85

A very nice used example opex ,i've got a slight ocd for these now as including the composite m89 i have four of them ,i can definitely see the star outline on yours and somebody went to great lengths to remove it which is interesting ,nice to see a label on that cover too as all the ones i have don't have any maker label or dates, keep up the great work showing your fine broad range of lids mate
    Last edited by James C; 03-02-2024 at 06:11 PM.
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    a very nice used example opex ,ive got a slight ocd for these now as including the composite m89 i have four of them ,i can definately see the star outline on yours and somebody went to great lengths to remove it which is interesting ,nice to see a label on that cover too as all the ones i have dont have any maker label or dates, keep up the great work showing your fine broad range of lids mate

Thanks James, I relate to the OCD issue and I am pleased to have owned this one for a while now, I am particularly keen on the Camo pattern on the cover, I have a Maskirni Dezen Uniforme 93 Jacket used by a Serbian soldier, which look's great with this helmet

A few pictures for you to view opexYugoslavian Model 59/85Yugoslavian Model 59/85Yugoslavian Model 59/85Yugoslavian Model 59/85and finally a couple of mineYugoslavian Model 59/85Yugoslavian Model 59/85Yugoslavian Model 59/85
    Last edited by James C; 03-02-2024 at 06:11 PM.
    Regards James

?

Update:

I was informed by a Serbian based collector

"Goran is Serbian name
    and other word looks like Kinez (Chinaman), probably nickname of the soldier who wore that helmet"