Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dealing with Hikishop?

Article about: Hello, I'd like to get a WW2 Imperial Japanese uniform to wear when I shoot my Arisakas, and Maybe, eventually join a reenacting group with (if they'd accept a pasty white boy that is, haha)

Default Dealing with Hikishop?

Hello, I'd like to get a WW2 Imperial Japanese uniform to wear when I shoot my Arisakas, and Maybe, eventually join a reenacting group with (if they'd accept a pasty white boy that is, haha). The only source I've been able to find is Hikishop, And due to the fact they are based in China I'm a little hesitant. Anyone have experience buying from them? Are they trustworthy? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, -Yardbird

You could try these fellas in The UK I've never dealt with them though.

The History Bunker Ltd WW2 Japanese Uniforms and Equipment

Hi Yardbird, I bought a few items from them a few years ago and I didn't have any problems and their items are very accurate to the real thing but the way things are in the world right now .... ?

I have not dealt with them personally, but friends from our club have and they did not have any issues. But it was a few years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've heard the Hikishop is of.. Dubious quality recently. If it's just for casual shooting? I'd say it's fine. For reenacting? I'd recommend finding a unit and asking where they get their uniforms from. Thehistorybunker is also horrid quality as I've heard from other reenactors.

I have had ridiculous issues with Chinese sizing. Say what you want about Americans, but a Chinese large is a US small

Also, never expect decent quality from any Chinese reproduction (as Medicalammocrate says). As one of my good friends says "looks good from afar, but far from good."

?

They're not bad, I've had a few things from them. Their "small" is huge on me, I had to tailor it. Their shipping times are incredibly slow. But for the price I really can't complain. You may have to make a few other relatively minor alterations for the sake of accuracy, particularly with interior lining and lashing/mounting points for webbing/gear if Japanese uniforms have that- I'm not too familiar with those. They're always taking constructive criticism and have vastly improved over the years- a Hiki tunic from 2016 and a Hiki tunic from 2021 are vastly different jackets. All in all, I think it's a good product for casual use or if you're on a budget. I have heard that their German camo smocks have incorrect patterns and that their greatcoats are made of very thin wool, but since you're buying Japanese uniforms you should be okay. On a related note, I have heard very good things about their Japanese gear in terms of accuracy but have not seen any firsthand.

I wouldn't advice dealing with their Ebay shop. I once ordered from there and never heard anything back. They gave me a tracking number but it never worked. A month later no updates anywhere, not even in the tracking website, and I ask them what's going on. Then they tell me my shipment got lost. I asked for my money back and they refunded me. But the fact that the number didn't even work on the tracking website makes me think they were trying to scam me.

I haven't looked at their Japanese uniforms but their Third Reich stuff is rather poorly made. Generally speaking the lower the price, the lower the quality.

-Joel