Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Denix ppsh41 refurb

Article about: Hello everyone. I've just bought a ppsh from Denix. I was looking at a real one, but just couldn't justify the £600 to £800 for a modern deact...... That doesn't do anything anyway. It's n

?

Default Denix ppsh41 refurb

Hello everyone.
    I've just bought a ppsh from Denix.
    I was looking at a real one, but just couldn't justify the £600 to £800 for a modern deact...... That doesn't do anything anyway.
    It's not for living history/ reenactment, just to finish off a mannequin.
    Now I've read the reviews on Deni x replicas and the mixed opinions, so I'm not expecting too much when it turns up.
    I am aware that they are painted black and have seams in the metalwork.
    I'm planing to send the paintwork and the seams down and either blue the metalwork or paint it. Can you even blue a Denix?
    I think I can get the woodwork looking ok, but would love to hear from anyone who has any experience or advice.
    I don't want to spend wads of wonga on it, but quite happy to put the hours into it.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers
    Mark

Greetings, Mark,

Apologies for digging up an old thread! Denix weapons are made of an alloy metal, possibly mezak or a Zinc type alloy, so blueing will be very difficult, but not impossible. Being a zinc based alloy, you could try using Birchwood Casey Aluminium Black, instead of the Perma Blue as used on the steel of real weapons.
    I have used Aluminium Black on zinc replica gun parts before, but it takes a lot of goes to get vaguely right, and a lot of cleaning between layers. Failing that, you could always paint it even though it wouldn't be exactly authentic.

Best regards,

Simon
    Last edited by PointThreeOhThree; 10-19-2021 at 05:22 PM.