Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Duxford (UK) Land Warfare Hall to close ?

Article about: So...the rot continues....first IWM London empties to go all modern and Habitat on us (minus exhibits) and now it looks like the popular Land Warfare Hall at Duxford days are numbered too. T

Default Duxford (UK) Land Warfare Hall to close ?

So...the rot continues....first IWM London empties to go all modern and Habitat on us (minus exhibits) and now it looks like the popular Land Warfare Hall at Duxford days are numbered too. The Hall is to be replaced by another building(s) for more aircraft...with the vehicle collection, many privately owned, being absorbed into the rest of the museum....whatever that means.

Now, don't get me wrong, MORE planes anywhere is great news (could they be moving from Hendon??)...but doing away with the vehicle collection, albeit a rather strange fit for an Aviation Museum anyway, is a worry. I've already spouted off (that's a UK term) about the rare vehicles which WERE in London ....now the rarities at Duxford are on the move too....and I'm pretty sure they ain't gonna fit in Bovington.

I guess we've now gotta wait to see where they turn up....hoping like we are that those that were once at Aberdeen also turn up in a purpose built storage / display building........yeah.....rrrrrright!

I predict more arty buildings, lots of space...nothing new or surprising, lots of projector screens and press-button activity "stations", plenty of Coffee space....AND NOTHING NEW TO LOOK AT!!!!

....fingers crossed that we'll hear differently shortly.....though I won't be holding my breath!

Very sad news if true, I've always loved Duxford with all the planes and the military vehicles.

Every time I go there, the land warfare hall is always full of people taking pictures.

Seems strange, but things are changing and not necessarily for the better.

Is the airborne museum at duxford? I hope that remains safe, on my to visit list
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes it is...but it's tucked away right at the opposite end of the layout...almost hidden in a far corner. On the basis that one couldn't get a Cessna, without wings probably, in that space I'd like to think it's safe.....