Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Nordland uniform repro

Article about: Hello! Just wondering if this jacket is correct? I have seen the Norwegian flag on Regiment Norge jackets before, but should it be on this? Daniel.

CBH
    ?

Repro slip-on "N" tabs should be easy to find also.

Cool

Quote by Voje85 View Post
    Here u go
    Hello!

Your tunic looks okay for a beginner, but i would do some improvements.

The eagle seems to have been cut, not folded like an original and is a bad reproduction of the Bevo-type arm eagle. it looks like its fraying due to this. i would also recommend repositioning your flag, either under the eagle or above the armstripe. i dont remember the regulations in centimeters at the time, but there is a guide i will link you the video for on Youtube. Since its an m43 tunic i would also suggest you either ditch the Nordland armstripe or simply go for the flag alone, or you can get a Regiment Norge armstripe. There are also better collartabs on the market, which are more costly but certainly will make your tunic look much better. the same with buttons. replacing the reproduction buttons will give your tunic a much better look.

Here is the youtube video, from my reenactment unit here in Norway which makes a good guide on sewing these uniforms. textile glue is an option, i dont use it. Please check us out and do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to join us! YouTube

Here is some of my equipment and uniforms i use for my portrayal as a norwegian volunteer serving in Regiment Norge..

SS Nordland uniform repro

Best regards, Robin

Quote by Robin2475 View Post
    here are also better collartabs on the market, which are more costly but certainly will make your tunic look much better. the same with buttons. replacing the reproduction buttons will give your tunic a much better look.

Where do you buy your insignia? Good repros are hard to come by...

there are vendors on Facebook. Elsenau Militaria and Wehrmachts-Effekten are outstanding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2