Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with Great-Grandfather's Uniform

Article about: by Aceton Forget to tell... You mention the blue breeches with red piping, and they seem to be from a different uniform, because standard blue-gray breeches of soldiers shouldn't have piping

Default Re: Help with Great-Grandfather's Uniform

Quote by Aceton View Post
    Forget to tell... You mention the blue breeches with red piping, and they seem to be from a different uniform, because standard blue-gray breeches of soldiers shouldn't have piping.
    Just checked my library and found a uniform chart for the M1881 uniforms. Here is the 45th Rgt:
    as has been said nice work

thats what i love about this forum someone always knows the answer no matter what good going to ALL of yous who help here 10/10

regards ewan

Wow! That is all really great information. Thank you Aceton for your help and information and all of you for your interest!

John

PS - I may remember the trousers incorrectly, but will try and get pictures the next time I visit my Aunt.

I have seen a picture of the visor cap taken about 1922 but the cap was worn by one of his sons while farming and is no longer in existence.

John

flutterby
    ?

Hi

My great grandfather Eli was a corporal in the 43rd Regiment in the Russian army in 1890-1893/5
    I wonder do you have any information on this Regiment and any images of the uniform worn by corporals at that time,.he was a Russian Jew. I have just found out this information re the Regiment and time served, I would love to know more about it.

Thank you

Pauline

flutterby
    ?

My great grandfather served in the Russian Army 43rd as a corporal, he was a jew. I wonder do you have any information of where this regiment was posted, what their uniform was like and what role jews would have been allowed to play in the army at that time.
    hope you can help

Pauline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2