Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue

Article about: Some years ago I bought this relic helmet from an US collector who (according to him) bought it on a flea market. Maybe I payed to much as import taxes to Europe are a big part of the price,

Default imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue

Some years ago I bought this relic helmet from an US collector who (according to him) bought it on a flea market. Maybe I payed to much as import taxes to Europe are a big part of the price, but I was intrigued by the remnants of the horizontal paint that was typical for the first French helmets sent to Russia in WW1. Perhaps chinstrap is not original to the helmet as I expect it to be in a worse state according to the state of the helmet.

The whole story :
    The Tsar's French Helmet, the Imperial Russian Adrian - Alexander and Sons German Helmet Restoration
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue   imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue  

imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue   imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue  

imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue   imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue  

I guess there are some guys here with more knowledge about these early Russian helmets, so thanks in advance for any comment..

Russian m17 Sohlberg helmets have similar Four pieces of 2-pin attachment with wrinkled metal sheets. Inside the canvas liner.
    In French helmets wrinkled metal sheets are outside the leather liner, in Russian m17 helmet its opposite, they are inside the canvas liner.

So the innerside is not original French, but russian modification.

I have what I think is a Finnisch sohlberg, so I can not compare...I am curious how the Russian modified inside was looking. Do you have a picture of this ? Thanks in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue   imperial Russian adrain with remnants horizontal blue  

It seems I remembered it wrong.
    My own helmet is missing metal sheets.

two stolen photo samples.

Thanks, yes, I have seen these liners too...So did not completely understand your reaction, but nevertheless thanks for it. I guess this will be a rather improvised Russian liner.