Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Russian St. George Medal for Bravery

Article about: Hello, I have recently come across this St. George medal in an online auction, and was wondering whether it is an original? My only concern is that I've never seen a serial number so low bef

Default Imperial Russian St. George Medal for Bravery

Hello,

I have recently come across this St. George medal in an online auction, and was wondering whether it is an original? My only concern is that I've never seen a serial number so low before, and would like to make sure it hasn't been tampered with. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Apologies in advance if the photos are a bit blurry, as these are all I have at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Russian St. George Medal for Bravery   Imperial Russian St. George Medal for Bravery  

?

The medal is most likely the original!
    Here is the data of that hero of the Russian Imperial Army who was awarded this medal!
    № 1021 - MUKHORTOV Nikita Ivanovich - 243 infantry. Kholmsky regiment, ensign. For the fact that in the battle on July 11 and 12, 1915 near the village of Kulakovice, when a company under heavy artillery fire was called to support our trench during the day, threatened by the onslaught of significant enemy forces, with his courage encouraging the lower ranks, contributed to order, found a somewhat sheltered passage , which ensured the timely supply of assistance to our trench, which was threatened by the enemy. Promoted to warrant officer for military distinctions by order of the Commander-in-Chief armies of the Western Front No. 2115 of 10/12/1915.