Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kindjal identification help

Article about: I recently picked up this, what I believe is a Cossack/ Russian Kindjal. I was told that it is possibly from the early 1900’s and most likely Cossack. There are no makers marks or engravin

?

Default Kindjal identification help

I recently picked up this, what I believe is a Cossack/ Russian Kindjal. I was told that it is possibly from the early 1900’s and most likely Cossack. There are no makers marks or engravings (that I can find) but looks like there is possibly some ground down areas on the blade where possibly some rust may be bubbling up. . The Kindjal is approximately 18 1/2” over all in scabbard. 16 1/4” overall outside the scabbard and the blad is 10 3/4” long. The blade is 1 1/4” wide.
    Any help identifying this Kindjal as to the date and origin/region would be greatly appreciated.

Kindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification helpKindjal identification help

?

This is a modern Caucasian souvenir! Made in Georgia.

?

Great! Thanks for the info. I suspected as much. Thanks for your confirmation.

Original period blades were not plated. Best Regards, Fred