Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Misc. Russian Medals Need Authenticating

Article about: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, so if I have posted in the wrong place please let me know. Anyway, I got these medals out of the estate of a deceased Russian professor near me. There

Default Misc. Russian Medals Need Authenticating

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, so if I have posted in the wrong place please let me know. Anyway, I got these medals out of the estate of a deceased Russian professor near me. There were other items such as uniforms, but I didn't get to them in time. These were all in a small box together. I do know that there are two crosses of St. George, and one regimental badge for the 44th Siberian regiment, but that is all I know. I would like to know exactly what they are, and how much they are worth in the case that any are real.

Best regards,
    -Mack
    Misc. Russian Medals Need AuthenticatingMisc. Russian Medals Need Authenticating
    Misc. Russian Medals Need AuthenticatingMisc. Russian Medals Need Authenticating

I have a bit of an interest in the Cross of St. George as my grandfather was give one, out of a box of them by a White Russian officer in 1919. But that's another story. The two examples you have there, one in yellow metal, (bottom of reverse side not visible so can't see if 1st or 2nd class), and a "silver" metal 3rd class medal. Both appear to be late WW1 era, 1916 or 1917, no issue numbers,so unissued. The silver one is probably some sort of white metal. But I would think the detail on both, particularly of George & dragon is fairly poor, shallow and not a good casting. I would wonder if they are replicas.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The silver one is probably some sort of white metal. But I would think the detail on both, particularly of George & dragon is fairly poor, shallow and not a good casting. I would wonder if they are replicas.
    Yes, copies almost without question. The rest don't look any better either. Sorry for the late reply.

крест георгий подделка, очень плохая

?

All items are fake!