Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's visor cap 9th Kievski Hussars

Article about: I have been looking for one of these for over 30 years, especially one that is not a ridiculous price, and hopefully, is from a cavalry regiment, or a Guards regiment. I lucked into this one

?

Default Officer's visor cap 9th Kievski Hussars

I have been looking for one of these for over 30 years, especially one that is not a ridiculous price, and hopefully, is from a cavalry regiment, or a Guards regiment.
    I lucked into this one on Ebay, with a buy it now/make offer, for a great price IMHO.
    Circa 1910-1914 cap for an officer of the 9th Kievski Hussars, a fine old regiment raised in 1668.
    Some mothing, not too bad IMO, and a likely replaced sweatband, but I'm quite pleased overall.

BobSOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski HussarsOfficer's visor cap 9th Kievski Hussars

?

This is not original! This is a theatrical props!
    This headdress was sewn in a theater workshop and has nothing to do with the officer's cap! (the headdress was made exactly after the bloody coup of 1917!)
    This item has stamps from 1933-1935-1938 + with a modern ballpoint pen wrote the inventory number and date 1925
    Then someone tried to artificially erase all these stamps!
    The original theatrical stamp is only a 1935 ink stamp (black)
    I assume that this is a modern Ukrainian forgery.

?

Erased or obscured date stamps are nearly always a sure sign of something that the seller doesn’t want you to see..
    Huge red flag.

?

Not unusual to find theatrical or movie co. stamps in original Imperial German or Russian caps, and WWII era German caps as well.
    The earliest stamp in this camp, barely legible, is from 1925.
    Given the chaos still present in Russia during those days, I find it hard to believe someone would take the time to make a cap of this quality, when food was hard to come by for some.
    Just my opinion.

BobS

?

This is a fake fake! There were a lot of theatrical clichés, and then they tried to erase them... Didn't they wear a headdress at all in the theater? You see the state of the headgear - it is not worn!
    Do you yourself believe in these fantasies?
    Once again - this is a modern fake! (Ukrainian production)

?

Just go away & spare me your spurious nonsense.
    Your "opinion" means nothing to me.

?

When a person cannot say anything smart about the essence of the issue, this rogue person begins to be rude.
    * You tried to enlist the support of a respected forum to legalize this fake headdress, but you did not succeed and you were upset.

MAP
    ?

Gents. Keep it civil. We can discuss the item without personal attacks.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

SMERSH makes some good points. The question seems to be is it an authentic cap used in a Soviet era theatre/movie company, or is it reproduction made for a theatre company?

?

This is a fake for naive novice collectors.
    It's a shame to admit it, but it's a fact. Such items are made for sale in Europe and the United States, in the belief that foreign collectors will not be able to recognize a fake in the item.

Once again, I draw your attention to the fact that NO ONE EVER WEAR THE CAP! At the same time, someone put several fake theatrical stamps on the object and then tried to erase them. But this does not happen! All objects in the theater are almost always in operation! They are worn, they are restored in theater workshops and then worn again (they are used in theatrical productions) And no one has ever worn this item! (for 110 years) This is fantastic!

Over the last 15 years, talented craftsmen from Ukraine have set up a whole assembly line of such fakes! Some fakes are sold through auctions, and some fakes are imported into Europe and then sold through Poland and Germany, a little less often through France. So fake items are legalized in Europe and some of the items receive the status of the original. It's already an epidemic of fake items...