MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rare WWI Russian Pilots uniform

Article about: Gentlemen, I have been reading the discussion as to if the Russian uniofm is real or fake. Well, I have one that is identical down to the cracks in the hat bill and the fading spots on the h

Quote by nampowfriend View Post
    Thank you one and all. Did anyone pull up the site on google? It came right to this site when you click on the uniform after typing in Rare WW I Rusiam Pilots uniform. This is the EXACT uniform I have at the museum. As previously stated the cracks, the fade marks, everything. It is impossible to tell them apart. My real question, since the first article was in 2011 and I only acquired it in 2013, is where is the one shown on your (now mine) site back then. As to Ned, Meow, Meow :0)
    I am curious to know what made you decide that this uniform you purchased was authentic in the first place? Did you garner expert opinion to verify its authenticity before parting with what I assume was probably a reasonable sum of money?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Datrus, Did my reply come through? Here I go again in case... I broke all the rules of collecting as I took a man's word. He was reputable, is a well known dealer with a web site and to my knowledge has never had any bad marks against him. He swears he bought this at an auction in Italy years ago. I am waiting for him to send documentation before I do anything...

?

Datrus, Did my reply come through? Here I go again in case... I broke all the rules of collecting as I took a man's word. He was reputable, is a well known dealer with a web site and to my knowledge has never had any bad marks against him. He swears he bought this at an auction in Italy years ago. I am waiting for him to send documentation before I do anything...
    I'm not sure if this comment should be read as sarcastic/rude. Anyway always post(get opinions) before buying. Even reputable dealers make mistakes at times.

Happy collecting

Lars

I have talked to the dealer in question. He says these photos are from 2011 and he purchased the uniform from a top auction house it Italy in 2009 and has all the documentation. So what now?

Bye the bye, I never meant to be sarcastic in any of my notes... Not my style.. lee

I have talked to the dealer in question. He says these photos are from 2011 and he purchased the uniform from a top auction house it Italy in 2009 and has all the documentation. So what now?

Bye the bye, I never meant to be sarcastic in any of my notes... Not my style.. lee

IF they are the same photos they cannot be 2011 as they were posted here in December 2009 by WRF member from the US:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...uniform-14435/

It would be great to see the original Italian auction house catalogue entry etc.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2