Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)

Article about: Good Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to find out more details about my great grand-father Vasily Adinietz and his family (the spelling of the surname could be Один

Default Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)

Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm trying to find out more details about my great grand-father Vasily Adinietz and his family (the spelling of the surname could be Одинец, Одынец, Адынец and/or Odyniec (Одынец ) in Polish.

I have a picture of Vasily Adinietz and his family, probably taken around 1914 or so. The only other person identified in the picture is my grand-mother Anna Vasilievna Adinietz (born on Feb. 5, 1913 and passed away on Sept. 1, 1980, buried at the Gornensky Russian Orthodox Convent in Jerusalem). She is the little girl standing on the chair beside her mother.

Suposedly Vasily's family or his wifes family owned land, animals and employed servants. I'm not sure if it's true or not and I don't know where?

Someone advised me that Vasily was a :"police officer of the Warsaw province, presumably the assistant to the local police officer. 12 class ranking. Accordingly, the civilian official - provincial Secretary and the army Lieutenant. Therefore, there could not be an army soldier." Does anyone know what a 12 class ranking means? So if he was an assistant to the local police, so it could mean that he was also an army lieutenant, and 12 class ranking meaning lieutenant as well?

The badge on the cap shows that he was employed in the Governorate of Warsaw. Just by looking at the badge, does anyone know exactely where?

The medal pinned on his unform, is it: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/a...e-a455010eee2d

What does it say around Nicholas' head and on the back?

I have so many questions of my great grand-father and his family.

Thank you,
    JohnVasily Adinietz (Odinets)Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)

?

Hello, John!

The medal inscription reads the following.
    Averse: "By God's grace Nicolas II the Emperor and Sovereign of all Russia."
    Reverse: "For impecable service in the Police."

?

About the table of Ranks.
    There were 14 ranks. The 1st is the highest. 14th - lowest. There were separate ranks for civil service, armed forces (ground army and Navy), and Court ranks.
    Even the 14th Military rank gave inherited nobility privileges, unlike civil ranks (from 8th rank).

?

There was a special system of ranks in Russia before 1917. So called "table of ranks". You can google it.

Hi Egorka,

Thank you for your reply. So what is the difference between the above medal and this one:
    Collect Russia Nicholas II Medal for Zeal, 1894-1915. Soviet Russian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vasily Adinietz (Odinets)