Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian M36C Helmets

Article about: Hi All, Been looking for a nice original condition Bulgarian M36, either a B or C model to display alongside my M36A, then two come along at once for a good price. The first one I paid a lit

Default Bulgarian M36C Helmets

Hi All,

I had recently been looking for a nice original condition Bulgarian M36, either a B or C model to display alongside my M36A, then two come along at once for a good price.

The first one I paid a little more than I'd have liked but didn't want to pass on it after watching another sell for around £110. There seems to be a growing popularity for these Bulgarian Helmet. It is painted in a dark khaki-esque green with a trace of the tri-colour decal. The liner and chinstrap when it arrived to me was very dry and I've conditioned these to stop them from rotting more and cracking as they were about to.

The liner is stamped with a size of 56 and a handwritten name that I cannot make out.

Unfortunately the chinstrap is missing one of the retaining studs, but I will see if I can source a replacement.

I will post the other one on this thread in the next post to separate the pictures out more.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36C Helmets   Bulgarian M36C Helmets  

Bulgarian M36C Helmets   Bulgarian M36C Helmets  

And the second one that came along, this one was surprisingly far cheaper and so after picking up one, I couldn't really pass on this one for the price.

This one is a smaller shell in general. It is in a lighter shade of green and the decal is far more intact than the other, although it has been damaged.

The liner, still with the cushion pad in the crown of the shell was also in a sorry and dry state that required some conditioning. A smaller sized liner at 54. Oddly, not all of the line perforations have been stmaped fully and so the leather remains within them. The liner supports in this one are the galvanised version, whereas the first one has the painted type.

Also a photo of them both to show colour and size differences.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36C Helmets   Bulgarian M36C Helmets  

A quick photo of all my Bulgarian helmets and side cap together after making a quick stand.

Ignore the Swiss helmet on an empty wine bottle

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36C Helmets