Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Croatian WW2 Medal of King Zvonimir

Article about: Hello everyone I have recently bought this rather rare croatian ww2 medal. The ribbon looks new. What do you think about it? Is it good or not? Thanks Best regards Sever (Romania)

Default Croatian WW2 Medal of King Zvonimir

Hello everyone
    I have recently bought this rather rare croatian ww2 medal. The ribbon looks new. What do you think about it? Is it good or not?
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian WW2 Medal of King Zvonimir   Croatian WW2 Medal of King Zvonimir  

Hi Sever,

I'm responding to your post since you have helped me in the past and no one else has posted so far. I have been fortunate to have handled an authentic version of this medal in Croatia many years ago. All I can say I'm not sure if this particular one is authentic due to sloppy cast marks around the crown attachment as I remember the medal almost white with honest wear marks without this problem. The medal shows some even darkness to it which indicates some intention to deceive. This is my humble opinion but I am not an authority on the these either.

Gary

?

Quote by dagwood View Post
    Hi Sever,

I'm responding to your post since you have helped me in the past and no one else has posted so far. I have been fortunate to have handled an authentic version of this medal in Croatia many years ago. All I can say I'm not sure if this particular one is authentic due to sloppy cast marks around the crown attachment as I remember the medal almost white with honest wear marks without this problem. The medal shows some even darkness to it which indicates some intention to deceive. This is my humble opinion but I am not an authority on the these either.

Gary
    I see where you are coming from...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian WW2 Medal of King Zvonimir  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Don't get me wrong either. I think they made late war cast versions as well in various types of metals. In which case yours may be original.

Thank you very much for your replies!!! I was unsure about the medal so that's the reason I posted it here. I payed a low price for it so if it is a modern repro it is not a tragedy.
    All the best regards from Romania
    Sever