Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Desk Eagle, opinions please!

Article about: Hello, i already bougth this desk bird at Hermann Historica auction and i hope and think its a genuine piece and imo it looks looks great, good details but i am not an expert on this desk ea

Default Desk Eagle, opinions please!

Hello, i already bougth this desk bird at Hermann Historica auction and i hope and think its a genuine piece and imo it looks looks great, good details but i am not an expert on this desk eagels but always wanted to ad one for my collection, i hope i did ok??? would be great to hear some other opinions,

here are the Description " Bronze metal national eagle with spread wings, left facing head, attached to a tan marble pedestal base with felt backing on the bottom. Dimensions approx. 26 cm width x 17 cm height."

Best Regards Tobias

Attached Files

Hej Tobias,
    Must say I am not a fan of this one sorry...
    Too many blops all over for my liking.. And the backside is something I've never seen before... The marble base itself looks like brick!!
    Sorry my friend not one for me.

Tobias,

I have to agree with the good Colonel.. This looks too new and in my opinion the description is the dead give-away that this is not a WW2 period piece. The item description avoids any indication that this Desk ornament is a pre May 1945 item. One of the ways dealers skirt the truth but are still able to sell items to unsuspecting buyers.. Research and scouring thousands of Third Reich period photos and images of Desk ornamentation will be your best best before a purchase like this.. Now I will add that there may be "one of a kind" uniquely made pieces but in this case the backing looks odd, almost like a stick pin that was blown up 1000 times it's original size...

Best regards

Smitty

?

Agree, it looks modern to me too.

Thanks for all opinions.

I see i posted in wrong Sub forum should be moved to TR exotica, Anyway
    i still like this desk eagle and also got positive feedback from other collectors.
    Got this picture of a similair bird sold by Johnny T at German war booty.

And i know that this are not a proof or proveance that the eagle is good, or bad so please
    dont start that discussion just wanted to share the pic for reference,

who shall you trust at the end of the day? many items in militaria are only backed by opinions,
    one so called expert say good the other one say bad. on peices like this its hard.

Cheers/ Tobias

Old thread but finally found some nice period cataloge pictures thanks to this great site
    Home - Third Reich Eagles