Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?

Article about: Hello, I am looking for figure out the origins of this helmet I recently purchased and if it is authentic WW2 Era. My gut is telling me that it could be a Danish home defence helmet. Denmark

Default Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?

Hello,

I am looking to figure out the origins of this helmet and I am wondering if it is authentic WW2 Era.

My gut is telling me that it is a Dutch M34 Teno helmet and could be a repro given the liner and the condition.

I know the Dutch crest was removed from the front of the helmets when the Nazis and subsequent government occupied the Netherlands however, any assistance in determining authenticity and country of origin would be greatly appreciated.

I should mention that there are no markings anywhere.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?   Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?  

Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?   Is this a Dutch M34 Teno Helmet?  

Black M34 helmets were used by police and postal service well into the 1960's, and this appears to be a post-war liner, so I think the chance this is a TeNo helmet is slim at best. But I'm no expert, so I might be proven wrong!