Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940

Article about: To fill the tight movement register, the Dutch NSB launched the "Gold for Steel" campaign in January 1940. Members could hand in precious metals, for which they received a steel ri

Default Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940

To fill the tight movement register, the Dutch NSB launched the "Gold for Steel" campaign in January 1940.
    Members could hand in precious metals, for which they received a steel ring with an inscription as a thank-you.
    The advantage of loyalty to the party went so far that some members even gave up their wedding rings.
    Shown here are two official receipts from, members who supported the campaign with a financial donation.
    The rings are the original steel NSB rings that were handed to the members after the donation.
    I am trying to get an example of all the sizes that were issued.
    Recently, I saw fake rings being offered; fortunately, these are easy to spot because of the silly Gothic font.
    I hope you like these, and I am always interested in rings, documentation and information about NSB material like this!

All the best,
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940   Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940  

Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940   Dutch NSB action Gold for Steel 1940