Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

Article about: I would like some help identifying this suspected Axis (possible Blue Division) Overseas hat. Any ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

?

The SEU is the Trade Union of Espanol University. The Spanish University militias were officially created under a 1940 law in support of the newly formed Franco regime. In 1941 they received their first light-grey uniform. This cap pertains to this militia. Spanish volunteers off to Russia in 1941 came from all aspects of the military including militias. You'll often see photographs of Spanish volunteers wearing an unorthodox mix of Spanish and German insignia and uniforms. Here are some photo's highlighting similar insignia used on the militia uniform, Franco youth shirt, various youth belts and insignia and Blue Division veterans.
    If your interested in Spanish uniform and insignia I have an ongoing thread of my collection.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

?

WOW! Aldo! Quite a collection, I read your 33 page post. Quite impressed.
    In your opinion, did any "Blue Division" soldiers wear this type side cap (SEU) with the Falange, in WW2/Russia Campaign?

?

Thank you, it's a lot of pages. I'm surprised you made it through the whole thread.
    My understanding is that volunteers headed to Russia in a variety of Falange uniforms, including berets, blue shirts, kahaki uniforms, etc.. Upon arrival at the front they were then issued standard German uniforms at the supply depot which they then proceeded to adorn with their own insignia. It's very unlikely that a militia cap like this was worn once on the front. I'll post some photographs I have in my archives shortly

Totally agree with Aldo.
    I don´t think that any member of the Blue Division, even being a member of the SEU, will ever wear the SEU cap after passing through Grafenwöhr.

Two images taken from my book "Militaria de la España de Franco", already totally impossible to get ... for a reasonable price

Regards

Santi

?

Thanks... I have been trying to get this info for quite a while..

?

Thank you Santi for posting. I've been trying to get that book with no luck. PM me if you have seen one listed somewhere reasonable. they are selling for $400 or more

Here are a few examples of a mixture of Spanish and German uniforms

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2