Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with an Italian Navy M33

Article about: good evening. As per the title, i came upon this Italian M33 with what's apparently a "Regia Marina" AKA Royal Navy decal without its crown. The liner of the helmet appears pre-war

Default Help with an Italian Navy M33

good evening. As per the title, i came upon this Italian M33 with what's apparently a "Regia Marina" AKA Royal Navy decal without its crown. The liner of the helmet appears pre-war since it presents the classic pre-war "=" stitch. The problem here lies within the colour and the decal itself: The decals for the italian navy were not always consistent, and i honestly can't judge wether it's an original pre-war decal or post-war since some part of it are missing.
    Alsothe helmet appear to have 2 layers of paint, one green and one blue-ish. I am colorblind, and i can't distinguish between war-time blue paint or not (although the green paint would seem to me as post-war).
    The chinstrap is made of leather, which indicates it's a war-time chinstrap.
    with all of this, could anyone here help me date the decal and the helmet itself? Many M33s were reused post-war, but those who had usually saw their interiors being replaced with post-war interioris (spottable by the canvas chinstrap and the different shape of the swivel bail that went from being rectangular to trapezoid).
    thanks for any help

Post war Marina Militare arsenal reissued helmet, the anchor is typically post.
    What's the shell code?