Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??

Article about: Hi all! Some time ago I got this Hungarian 35M helmet. It was found in Austria in a barn and it's still untouched. Originally it was painted with the blue civil paint. On the outside it was

?

Default Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??

Hi all!

Some time ago I got this Hungarian 35M helmet.
    It was found in Austria in a barn and it's still untouched.

Originally it was painted with the blue civil paint.
    On the outside it was overpainted green.
    I think it has a late war liner inside.

So because of the circumstances I think a civil Defence helmet was converted and issued to the army.
    Also in this area there was found a lot of Hungarian equipment and also a similar helmet. (originally blue, but overpainted green)

What do you think about it?

Best regards,
    Lukas

Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??

?

Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??Hungarian 35M helmet - civil to combat??

PRE
    ?

Very interesting! It's definitely a Hungarian helmet, but I'm sorry I can't help with the question of civilian-military use. I'm sure you're aware of it, but the Hungarian forces who were able to leave the country surrendered to US troops in Austria in early May 1945, so finding those items there makes sense. Nice find!

Pat

?

Nice find, I think this thread will answer your question, see post #33, it looks like the same version of the helmet.

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Steve

PRE
    ?

Thank you for the reference to that FANTASTIC collection! That is incredible. I collect WWII Hungarian (and jhv-produced) small arms, but finding a true, non-Finnish used 35M helmet here in the USA is all but impossible. Thank you again!

Pat

I like your assumption. It has remnants of the correct army mustard green for sure. Not a Tilda helmet for sure.