MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

Article about: It's horrifying to think about, but imagine your whole collection starting to go up in flames and you only had time to save one or two of your items from the fire. What would you rescue? Thi

Default If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

It's horrifying to think about, but imagine your whole collection starting to go up in flames and you only had time to save one or two of your items from the fire. What would you rescue?

This doesn't necessarily mean most valuable, but rather what's most important to you -- considering rarity (one of a kind?) and sentimental value as well.

I can't wait to hear and see what you would save!

Tough one as I'd probably die trying!! I have thought of this lots!! My birds first, Wifey 2nd then I'd go my US chopper helmet! have it packed in it's bag! I have over 200 uniforms if not more 100 helmets and probably 2,000 bits all up?

All my stuff is boxed up and close together so I’d probably just try and get it all out(like all of us I’d assume). But if we talking only one item it has to be either the splinter cover or M42 officers cap. Both are crowns of my collection.

I guess that’s two things but I don’t think I’d be able to choose between them. Hard thing to think about.

If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    It's horrifying to think about, but imagine your whole collection starting to go up in flames and you only had time to save one or two of your items from the fire. What would you rescue?

This doesn't necessarily mean most valuable, but rather what's most important to you -- considering rarity (one of a kind?) and sentimental value as well.

I can't wait to hear and see what you would save!
    What's yours Mate?

?

If push came to shove ,
    I would take my wife only & 2 cats.
    We live in a bush fire zone area and have pre packed cases of important documents and supplies.
    Grab & Go , Unfortunately anything else left would be at the mercy of the fire gods.
    Life is more important than anything else.
    Cheers Rick

Very cool stuff, guys! And nice pets too. All of this Third Reich memorabilia means nothing when it comes to a deadly threat facing ourselves and loved ones. You never realize what's most important in life until it's gone...

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    What's yours Mate?
    Honestly, I don't have anything that stands out now as my collection is newly developing and right now it's all pretty much basic stuff, but I have a thing or two coming soon in the mail that'd top my list! I'll show once I receive.

?

Beautiful cats Rick W,I have seen a few of their cousins in African alleyways,and wanted to save them too.
    I suspect they might be the first ones to safety.
    Hope they hop on the thread and Volunteer to rescue you.
    Most of all I hope the coming Summer is milder and is a respite for anyone near the bush.
    Goodness knows it was nasty enough here.
    Best of luck to the cats and the rest of us!

Default Uncles document

I would save the landing attack orders for Red beach 2 on Iwo Jima that my uncle gave me. He was there in an LCVP landing Marines and evacuating the wounded. His boat was damaged and later abandoned. It may be the only landing attack order of its kind in existence. Even Quantico does not have such a document in their amphibious operations archive. Neil

?

That is a priceless item of family history.
    We buy items out of interest but nothing can beat those pieces that our family leaves us.

Ok If I didn't rescue the chopper helmet, I think the whole street would burn up!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast