Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

Article about: It's horrifying to think about, but imagine your whole collection starting to go up in flames and you only had time to save one or two of your items from the fire. What would you rescue? Thi

I would save this ammo box, which houses my entire collection of approximately 60 medals and awards. It's amazing how much you can fit into such a small space. It's also good protection against earthquakes and flood damage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?   If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?  

If I had to take my favourite piece?, it would have to be my two Eagles..

Well, I couldn't leave one behind, could I?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?   If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?  

My first choice would be my S98/05 bayonet. It's been with me sense my
    16th birthday and was my first real piece of German militaria. It has already
    survived one fire back in the late 80s. Hopefully one is enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-03-2020 at 04:02 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    My first choice would be my S98/05 bayonet. It's been with me sense my
    16th birthday and was my first real piece of German militaria. It has already
    survived one fire back in the late 80s. Hopefully one is enough.
    I'd be tempted to save the 1870 Iron Cross

CBH
    ?

I have a family sword from the Sydney (Mines) Volunteers in the 1850, so I guess I would have to save that second, after my dog Coal.

If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?  

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have a family sword from the Sydney (Mines) Volunteers in the 1850, so I guess I would have to save that second, after my dog Coal.
    That's a nice sword mate
    What is the family connection if you don't mind me asking.
    Cheers Rick

CBH
    ?

Quote by Rick W View Post
    That's a nice sword mate
    What is the family connection if you don't mind me asking.
    Cheers Rick
    It was unit raised during the Fenian raids to protect local coal production.
    It belonged to a distant relative, not positive on his relationship to me, but I also have his Shako and some military books.
    Here is his hat, I have this on loan to a local military museum.

?

hello friends i firmly hope that something like this never happens. but if so, first and foremost would be the family! then my pets would follow. and finally (after thinking for a long time) I would definitely save my favorite drum and hanger
    If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

I think I'd prefer to stay behind and go up in flames with all of it, Viking burial style.

Jokes aside, it would have to be my great grandfather's insignia and my great grandmother's stuff from her service in the ATS. Everything else can be replaced; the personal connections to family items cannot.

If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?If you could save only one of your items from a raging inferno, what would it be?

Regards, B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2