Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need opinion on rare Hungarian Pilot's Parade Dress Dagger

Article about: Hello, good afternoon everyone, what do you think of this belt buckle that I just acquired? It looks like a pretty good piece, it is marked, also on the belt. It looks authentic in my opinio

Speaking of the devil... a fake guardsman's dress dagger identical to the one shown in post 1 is currently listed on eBay for $450 OBO by one of the Hungarian dealers I mentioned earlier. He also has a postwar air force fantasy dagger for sale. These fakes can be purchased in Hungary for about $70-75 so the one on eBay is no bargain, by any means.

Antique European Art Deco Royal Guard Dress Dagger WWII Kingdom of Hungary 1942 | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on rare Hungarian Pilot's Parade Dress Dagger  

Thanks Piedmont, doing a search with the information you gave me I found the page you mention, Arveres 90 Bt., a Hungarian page that sells them as fantasy objects, and some that were being sold on eBay as originals. The seller is still determined that it is original, but hey, let him say what he wants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3