Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSB Dutch Wolfsangel Stickpin

Article about: I picked up this nice looking Dutch Wolfsangle stickpin not to be confused with the similar horizontal pin associated with WHW and Kindergruppe der NS-Frauenschaft. As I pointed out in anoth

?

Default NSB Dutch Wolfsangel Stickpin

I picked up this nice looking Dutch Wolfsangle stickpin not to be confused with the similar horizontal pin associated with WHW and Kindergruppe der NS-Frauenschaft. As I pointed out in another thread, many websites pass this Kindergruppe der NS-Frauenschaft type pin as a Dutch Wolfshook.
    As I photographed the pin though I noticed a lot of extra material around the back edges. This is usually indicative of an item made from a mold not a true die-struck badge. I welcome any opinions on authenticity of this wolfsangel pin.

NSB Dutch Wolfsangel StickpinNSB Dutch Wolfsangel Stickpin

Wolfsangel vs WHW type

CREDIT: Winkelman
    NSB Dutch Wolfsangel StickpinNSB Dutch Wolfsangel Stickpin

My meager Dutch collection

CBH
    ?

Here is mine, I don't have a photo of the reverse but it does have a similar residual metal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSB Dutch Wolfsangel Stickpin  

?

Thanks Chris, it does look the same. When you zoom in on the first picture I posted, you can even see extra edges protruding on the sides from the front of the badge as well. I don't want to sound paranoid but I watch a lot of those Jo Rivett youtube videos that always expose that extra material as molded fakes. I hope I'm wrong.

CBH
    ?

The other thing is this wouldn't be German manufacture, so some of the RZM manufacturing techniques wouldn't apply.
    You would have to see what processes the Dutch used in badge manufacture, pre-war.
    I've had mine for 25+ years and is identical to yours, it even has the defect in the inside corner.
    Keep me posted if you find it's a fake.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    The other thing is this wouldn't be German manufacture, so some of the RZM manufacturing techniques wouldn't apply.
    You would have to see what processes the Dutch used in badge manufacture, pre-war.
    I've had mine for 25+ years and is identical to yours, it even has the defect in the inside corner.
    Keep me posted if you find it's a fake.
    Very good point ! I always picture F-B posting a photo of a TR era Die Stamp machine but it probably doesn't apply here

CBH
    ?

This Axis Satellite state stuff is a hard area, different machinery and production methods.
    The RZM didn't apply, it was the local regimes responsibility, except for the SS stuff that was German produced.

?

Better late than never. I have not been around here long enough to see everything yet.

The Wolfsangel pins shown here are quite common here in NL. value is about 60-70 euros. These two pieces shown are authentic. These were used as sympathy pins for the WA.
    The examples with less pointy edges were for the WA side caps: