MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Possible mid east dagger?

Article about: Hello all! I have gotten this dagger and not sure what it is...It has a date of 1821 on it...but it looks done with a dremel tool.. I would appreciate any help you can give! Dennis

?

Default Possible mid east dagger?

Hello all!
    I have gotten this dagger and not sure what it is...It has a date of 1821 on it...but it looks done with a dremel tool..
    I would appreciate any help you can give!
    DennisPossible mid east dagger?Possible mid east dagger?Possible mid east dagger?Possible mid east dagger?Possible mid east dagger?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible mid east dagger?   Possible mid east dagger?  

Possible mid east dagger?   Possible mid east dagger?  

Possible mid east dagger?  

Alot of bells and whistles on that knife and never seen anything like it...but what I do see is recent weld points on the scabbard on the metal rope.

IMO messed with Frankenstein
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think you will find that the blade is made from very mild steel so won't hold an edge and will bend easily. Spurious date. Typical bazar tourist piece I would say.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    I think you will find that the blade is made from very mild steel so won't hold an edge and will bend easily. Spurious date. Typical bazar tourist piece I would say.
    c
    Yep, I agree. Looks like all the Tulwars and Kukris you see from New Delhi and Agra to ethnic" fancy goods" stores in Aldershot!

Hope you didn't pay anything much for it?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you gentlemen! didn't pay anything for it..