Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Spanish Civil War Condor Legion Pilot Grouping

Article about: I acquired this fantastic Spanish civil war pilot grouping early In November but just received it on Christmas Eve. The uniform is named to Comandante (Major) Jose Munoz-Jimenez who served a

?

Thanks Phil, it amazes me how I keep squeezing in large items into my limited space. I have a Wehrmacht Greatcoat coming in soon, not sure where that's going to go though.
    Regards, Al

Superb!!! Really nice.
    Regards
    Santi

?

My youngest grandson wandered into my room and this is his first encounter with my new addition He's the bravest of the bunch and was not too fazed, LOL....

Regards, Al

A brave child. Enjoy it a lot

Regards
    Santi

I am sorry to be the bearer of unwanted news, there are too many strange elements in that set to say that they belonged to the Comandante Muñoz of whom you speak.
    Best Regards

Antonio

?

please elaborate.
    Last edited by Aldo; 12-17-2023 at 11:51 PM.
    Regards, Al

Hello Aldo. I would like to have a better look at certain elements that are strange. For example, the Commander's cap, it is not from the Spanish uniform of the time. The flight cap with the label (SAS) and the flight uniform, are from the 1946 regulations and have been used until the 70's. (I would like to see if the uniform has any label).
    The two-piece flight suits used by the Spanish in the civil war, were Italian and mostly from the manufacturer, Marus.
    I have never seen a Spanish pilot, use that model of goggles to fly, because they are not flying goggles (the side vision is practically null).
    I would also like to see in detail, the pilot's wings, because it has details that do not coincide with the period.
    The photograph of the pilot with the moustache is not Commander Muñoz.
    The parachutist wings as a speciality, are not regulation, until the 50s.
    Commander Muñoz was called "the short one" because of his small size and the flight suit I see does not seem to be that of a slim and small person.

Regards

Antonio

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6