Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Fascist Dagger

Article about: I don't normally collect daggers but I couldn't pass this opportunity to add a really nice example of a Franco era officer dagger to my Spanish collection. It's a beautiful piece complete wi

?

Default Spanish Fascist Dagger

I don't normally collect daggers but I couldn't pass this opportunity to add a really nice example of a Franco era officer dagger to my Spanish collection. It's a beautiful piece complete with presentation box, scabbard, hangers and portapee. I included the full description from the website below because I'm not familiar with all the terminology.

Spanish Fascist Dagger
    Spanish Fascist DaggerSpanish Fascist Dagger

Spanish Fascist Dagger
    Spanish Fascist Dagger

Spanish Fascist Dagger

This dagger measures 540 mm in length with the scabbard on, with a nickel-plated steel blade, magnetic, maker marked "ARTILLERIA Fca DE TOLEDO" on the reverse ricasso, with unsharpened edges and a sharp tip. Blade exhibits faint scratches overall, common to extraction and return to the scabbard, with light surface wear, the blade measuring 380 mm in length. Red felt buffer pad remains intact, crossguard is in bronze with a gold-coloured gilt, the crossguard illustrating the Spanish coat-of-arms flanked by leafing on both sides, with lions heads on both ends, off-white synthetic grip with twenty rows of recessed parallel ridges, the grip exhibiting a few black marks and is free of chipping. The gold-coloured bronze pommel is in the form of a crown, the dagger measuring 510 mm in length overall. The scabbard is brass with a flat finial, ornate design on the both sides of the chape and on the dagger hanger bands, each of the two rings with a brass chain terminating in a hook for belt suspension, the scabbard measuring 400 mm overall. Also included is a gold-coloured bullion aiguillette, with a pointed-tip knot and finished with a cluster of 50 mm long gold-colored bullion tassels, the cord incorporating two adjustment sliders and is free of fraying. Both items come in a dark brown wooden case, the case painted gray with dividers and swivel securing tabs on the interior, measuring 555 mm in width x 135 mm in depth x 53 mm in height, with light scuffing on the exterior.

First time I see one of these! Incredible piece, very well done.

?

All my packages that have been in transit for many weeks due to this virus and civil unrest all arrived today. It's been like an early Christmas as you can see by all my posts.

Regards, Al

?

beautiful dagger!!! congrats