Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

dannydesertrat
    ?

Default Some more picture

Hi Easternwarfront,

Thanks for your fast reply. Very helpful information. I'm glad that at least the shell is authentic I have attached some more pictures of the liner. I removed the white chord and pulled up the leather. It feels like leather, although very thin. The liner band is black, feels like some kind of hard plastic and it extends up into the top of the dome. With felt attached on the ring that goes around your head, probably as some kind of sweatband. On the front there some kind or orange foam, feels like shammy. If you google on German Helmet WWII liner you get several results that match my helmet's. So indeed a German look-a-like, though a cheap one.

The inside of the helmet is painted in dark green. But there also appears to be a layer of transparant glue, probably used to - try to - fasten the liner I guess.

Seems like a lot of energy has been spent on this helmet, unfortunately in the wrong direction Well, you can't always be lucky..... and indeed, at least it's green.

Best regards, Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

ww2 Hungarian helmets  

Thank you for the additional pics! I'm afraid nothing is original except the shell. Maybe you could strip the paint to see if there is vintage paint underneath.

Default Mávag62 35m

Mávag62 35m.

Rare hungarian M33 alu parade helmet. 1933 dated liner, complete, untouched condition.

?

Default Xviii

Hi, my wife and I just got back from Budapest. I bought this helmet for $72. Any thoughts on what it is, or the value? I did some reading, and wonder if it's civil defense, or 18th Reserve Division? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

?

I found this site and pdf: http://newfront.ca/data/documents/MA...PRING-2012.pdf and see that I have a fireman's helmet, 18th fire district. I'm not sure why they posted, "Post 1950"?

GY marked civil defense helmet shell, overpainted and the stencilled XVIII means it has been used in Budapest's 18th district by the fire service. Nice one!

?

Thank you. I now see the hint of green paint; never noticed that before.

?

Hi, I need advice

What is this yellow-green-green-yellow color, as it is called. What is the color name according to the RAL swatch?Thanks for the advice.

ww2 Hungarian helmets ww2 Hungarian helmets

Anybody have a clue on what is the closest color available today to the helmets sent to Finland?

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast