Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK

Article about: Hello everbody Just a few photos of the Devon & Dorset regiment museum. I have been meaning to come here for years but never got around to it until now. I was myself in the D & D's m

?

Default 1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK

Hello everbody Just a few photos of the Devon & Dorset regiment museum. I have been meaning to come here for years but never got around to it until now. I was myself in the D & D's myself until I moved onto better things!!..Good thing about this museum is a I got in free lol being an ex-member. & I must say it was one of the better museums I have been to. It is quite small but has some great displays.The first few picutres are of Hilter's desk & some TR badges that were liberated 1945 from Berlin. 1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK

?

Here is photo of me in Bosnia.. I am famous .. I found myself in the Bosnia section.. I am the guy on the right with the gay purple shorts..I have a few more tatoos now days.. So it was quite funny to see yourself in a musuem.. lol.. Cheers Terry. 1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK

?

Some more snaps of the place.. Enjoy.. Cheers Terry 1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UKwww.keepmilitarymuseum.org

?

Nice photos, Unfortunately I missed this museum when I was down there.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Here is photo of me in Bosnia.. I am famous .. I found myself in the Bosnia section.. I am the guy on the right with the gay purple shorts..I have a few more tatoos now days.. So it was quite funny to see yourself in a musuem.. lol.. Cheers Terry. ]1st Battalion Devonshire & Dorset Regiment Museum,Dorchester,UK
    Are those Para issue purple dress shorts?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Shame Adam it is worth a visit without a doubt.. & Jerry no to the shorts being Para just something I had hanging around lol..When you are 24 you will wear some dodgy stuff.. lol. Cheers Terry.

v/nice post.

Nice pics Terry, looks like a good little museum.

I believe they are 'shorts, gay, purple'. Can't remember the NSN sorry. Very short term issue with 3 para mortar platoon.

?

Hi Terry, thanks for showing these fantastic museum pieces, I must let me my best mate know about this, as he was in the "Devon and Donuts" himself until he got medically discharged as a result of jumping out from a Chinook from only 4 feet of the ground ( which I still rib him about to this day) so he will be very interested in the displays.

Funny to see you feature in the displays too buddy, I never realised you were famous and had such nice leg's at the same time.

?

Thanks guys for the funny & nice comments..made me chuckle..lol...I must say in my defence the shorts have long gone thank god..Lol

& as for those 4 foot jumps you need to keep the old mince pies peeled...lol..Mind saying that now I couldn't jump 2 foot!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.