Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy

Article about: Dear all, Right on the day 75 years ago: Last Friday my sons and me also visited emplacements and fox holes of the Easy Company, 101th Airborne during the Battle of the Bulge at Bois Jacques

Default 75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy

Dear all,

Right on the day 75 years ago: Last Friday my sons and me also visited emplacements and fox holes where the men of the Easy Company, 101th Airborne, had stood, fought and suffered during the Battle of the Bulge at Bois Jacques nearby Foy in Belgium: Thank you so much guys.

Sadly the memorial on the entrance had been damaged, its sculptures on the top have been demolished.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

The cross inside the wood is surrounded by many little crosses made of wood. One photo shows the view at Foy. So we watched again the corresponding episodes in Band of Brothers today.

75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy75th years after: Where the Easy stood and fought, Bois Jacques, Foy
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917