Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ardennes,Houfflaize Panther Tank Ausf. G,

Article about: Visited the Ardennes over Christmas, thought I would share some pictures of the trip Cheers

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Hope this old war horse is allowed to grace her place in Houffalize again once she's been spruced up. It should be allowed to stand there as a reminder of the cost of liberation as well as the soldiers who fought here back in '44/'45.
    Yes that's where these battle weary relics should stay in my opinion, where they did battle

Thankfully the Houffalize Panther has been tidied up,and now returned to the town. A fitting memorial to the liberation of the town in 1944 and to the soldiers both Allied and German who fell in the last winter of WW2.

Three more tanks are standing a little further away in Celles (Panther), Grandmenil (Panther) and La Gleize (Tiger II)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ardennes,Houfflaize Panther Tank Ausf. G,   Ardennes,Houfflaize Panther Tank Ausf. G,  

Has it been returned ????

Yes it has HistoryMan, back to where it was originally in Houffalize.

Nice one !!! I am hoping to be back in the Ardennes over Christmas !!! Have to call in again ! its been 6 years !!!

It great that this tank has had some conservation, and put back where it belongs.

It will look even better when it snows, hopefully some one will be able to take a picture of it.

I've got a thing about tanks in snow...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3