Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018

Article about: Tomorrow is the big day After so many years of repair, the Belle finally goes on display Access Denied

JMM
    ?

Default B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018

Tomorrow is the big day
    After so many years of repair, the Belle finally goes on display

I'm not beeing able to post the link...
    Anyway go to the National Museum of the US Air Force site and look for the Memphis Belle exhibition

B-17 Memphis Belle™ to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018

Link posted

A similar link above.......but for some reason the other link allows you the user to visit the site..but not to copy the address and paste.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Been following this story for the last few days! Nice!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As cool as that is, there were heaps more crews just as worthy & brave as hers ..... same as 'Easy Company" ... not the ONLY band of brothers!!!

Lets also remember the less famous.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

JMM
    ?

The opening ceremony video:

YouTube

And pics:

B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018
    B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018
    B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018B-17F Memphis Belle to be placed on permanent display - May 17, 2018

MAP
    ?

Those are fantastic photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A wheels-up presentation...that's really unusual and she looks great. I hear what you say re not forgetting the others...and we mustn't...but there's a lot '17s still around but this one HAS to be the most famous right?...you save a '29...you save Enola, you save a '17, you save Belle etc. There's been so many special aircraft and vehicles which did special things...too many have been allowed to go...our own AVRO Vulcan 607 which undertook the longest (at that time) bomb flight is now rusting away as a Gate Guard..so it's great to see such a classic in such great condition now, hopefully, safe for ever. Thank you for sharing the pics and the info.

A fantastic restoration - thanks for sharing the photos
    Nick

That is an awesome display

?

That is a great memorial to all the aircrews of the United States who fought and died for freedom as well as those who survived the ordeal. I am reminded by this thread of the time that Capt Robert Morgan visited my little town in the UK (Dover). It must have been during the late 1990's. It was an audience with him as he told his and the crews story, of the missions and the experience. I will never forget that night with a small audience of around 100 other people. At the end he signed photographs for those wishing to have a little memento.
    I can scan the photograph if the forum would like to see it as part of this thread.
    Wilko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast