Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Manhay history 44 museum

Article about: Yesterday is visited the manhay history 44 Museum It is not a big museum but still interesting. What i like was they way they present and the use off reanactment videos behind windows in the

Default Manhay history 44 museum

Yesterday is visited the manhay history 44 Museum

It is not a big museum but still interesting. What i like was they way they present and the use off reanactment videos behind windows in the scene from houses and boats. Small detail but just that bit extra .

New since a year or 5 ( more or less )

It is in the middle of nowhere... But thanks to gps nor hidden. In front of a panther

Adress Voie Habotte 2, 6960 Manhay, Belgium

Entrance €9,00. What is a bit high compaired to another museum much more bigger not far from here ( more coming later about that museum in other post ) .

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

I must say that alltough this museum was small but nice with several items i doubted if all objects are real ones.... For one part it is about the message the museum tells us and not about Authentic relics.... But on the otherhand for a collector it is nice to see originals to be able to compare .
    Last edited by PierreN; 10-15-2023 at 05:46 PM.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the very useful post. I've visited Manhay & Grandmenil many times in the past and intend to do so again next year . I'll look out for the museum.

Thumbs up

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    . I've visited Manhay & Grandmenil many times in the past and intend to do so again next year . I'll look out for the museum.
    And I did !

Actually, it was late in the day on the way to Houffalize from London and I stopped as usual at the Grandmenil Panther. I'd assumed the Manhay 44 Museum to be actually by the Manhay crossroads but it's just across the road from the Panther. Despite the late hour (almost'closing time' ) we were warmly welcomed and given a personal tour by a most helpful lady . I'm not a great WW2 museum fan - often I find them rather uninspiring - but the layout of the building is imaginative with a decent colelction of relics etc. These are being continually added to ( they were very proud of Gen. Hasbrouck's mapcase...) and the 'rooms' showing German HQ and medical scenarios with quite realistic CGI scenes and sounds 'outside the windows' were, I thought, something a little different.

I liked it - OK,maybe not enough to make a special visit from the UK, but anyone visiting the Ardennes will want to see the Grandmenil Panther and the museum's a 30-second walk away. Add in the shop plus a decent selection of books - what's not to like ?

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum

Manhay history 44 museum