MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first trip to Normandy

Article about: I thought I'd share these with you guys I was digging through some old pics recently and came across some of my trip to Normandy with my Dad about 10 years ago. Omaha. You can see the shells

Default My first trip to Normandy

I thought I'd share these with you guys I was digging through some old pics recently and came across some of my trip to Normandy with my Dad about 10 years ago.

Omaha. You can see the shells and pebbles mixed in with the beach sand they used for the concrete mix.

My first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandy

The moonscape of Point du Hoc. Unless you have been there you can't really get the scale of this place. You could fit a house in some of these craters, and pieces of concrete the size of a bus have been thrown enormous distances.

My first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandy

?

Default Re: My first trip to Normandy

Great Photos. Thanks for sharing

The Longues sur Mer 152mm artillery battery.

My first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandylng.jpgMy first trip to Normandy

Pegasus Bridge.

My first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandy

St Mere Eglise & Airborne Museum, the US cemetary behind Omaha, Mulberry remains and some mixed pics. I look bloody miserable in the pic by the Sherman, must have been a very early start that day!!

My first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandyht.jpgMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to NormandyMy first trip to Normandy

?

A fantastic trip and very good photos. Live history.

Great pics Andy. what I'd give to be able to make a trip there.

It was great Todd, I must get back some day.

?

Very nice pics Andy. As with many of these battlefields one really have to be there to get just a small fell for what went on. Is that a mag pie shirt?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very nice pics Andy. As with many of these battlefields one really have to be there to get just a small fell for what went on. Is that a mag pie shirt?
    Thanks mate. You are right, there is a certain mood about these places too. We went out of season so many areas we had to ourselves. I walked around Pointe du Hoc for about an hour without seeing a soul, very thoughtful place. I was looking for souvenirs all over but all I found was some unidentifiable blobs of rust from the beaches that were probably shrapnel, and a few rifle cases. Maybe next time I'll be luckier. My girlfriend doesn't really want to go on holiday there with me though, or anywhere that I can do 'helmeting'

Oh, and the shirt is for Juventus FC. I have no idea why I am wearing that, it was probably on discount when I bought it

?

"Helmeting" LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast