Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

My local pillbox

Article about: i Thought you guys might like to see this . I was inspired by two books in my collection to make this thread and after I saw a similar thread about bunkers in Scotland. That and the weather

Exciting news, and a reminder that there is always forgotten history out there waiting to be discovered. Such was the scale of the conflict, that things like this will probably be discovered for decades to come.

B.B.

?

I hope they make a local museum or display to show off the items. Makes me quite happy knowing ww2 relics are being found literally two miles from my house. Especially ordnance! Who knows what else the might find. If they found a polish dog tag or name tag. Seeing from this forum they are basically all traceable which will make it even more interesting.

There's a lot they could potentially find, especially if the site was home to German POW's. There was an episode of a recent TV series - I forget the name - where they excavated a field that was home to a POW camp, as well as being used for Home Guard training. They found all sorts there, everything from glass bottles to mortar tail fins.

B.B.

?

Was this the guy who had buckets of 303. Rounds. I think he has an account on this forum

I finally photographed the two pill boxes nearest my home.

One thing n Lampeter covering the road and rail crossing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My local pillbox   My local pillbox  

My local pillbox  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The nearest to my house is a road bridge over tge same river, the teivi at maesycrugiau, now covered in ivy and in someones garden
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My local pillbox   My local pillbox  

My local pillbox   My local pillbox  

Regards,

Jerry

Wow what a beautiful part of the world you live in Jerry! Thank you for showing!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Wow what a beautiful part of the world you live in Jerry! Thank you for showing!
    Thanks mate, it is beautiful, especially when sunny.

In this pic on rhe coast there is a fort behind me and I am in an army firing range

My local pillbox  
    Regards,

Jerry

#46, pretty cool to have a pillbox in your garden.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5