Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Notausstieg Luftschutzkeller/Luftschutzraum, emergency exit of air raid shelter: Still existent in Bonn/Germany

Article about: Dear all, On the daily way to work in the early morning I did not notice at first but then I was surprised that my feet walked over this piece of history: An emergency exit of a 'Luftschutzk

Default Notausstieg Luftschutzkeller/Luftschutzraum, emergency exit of air raid shelter: Still existent in Bonn/Germany

Dear all,

On the daily way to work in the early morning I did not notice at first but then I was surprised that my feet walked over this piece of history: An emergency exit of a 'Luftschutzkeller'/'Luftschutzraum' (air raid shelter) still exitent in Bonn (Germany) in autumn 2017, street corner Friedrichstrasse 1, Kasernenstrasse 22-24.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Notausstieg Luftschutzkeller/Luftschutzraum, emergency exit of air raid shelter: Still existent in Bonn/Germany

And a picture of the street corner by Google Street View, the exit is below the wheel of the right bicycle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 11-26-2017 at 12:55 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917