Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a NKVD cap...

Article about: Hello guys, What are your opinions please on this 1953 stamped cap? Good or bad? Thanks in advance !!

Default Looking for a NKVD cap...

Hello guys,
    What are your opinions please on this 1953 stamped cap? Good or bad?
    Thanks in advance !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for a NKVD cap...   Looking for a NKVD cap...  

Looking for a NKVD cap...   Looking for a NKVD cap...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for a NKVD cap...
    P
    Many

?

It's good but I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Standard NKVD should be piped in raspberry above the band and on the crown. It looks to be the same colour as the band to me. Maybe ask for pics in daylight. It's hard to make out if the band is red or terracotta. To my eyes anyway. I'd be concerned it was some random police or fire cap. Technically this would be MVD not NKVD anyway.

?

P.S. the piping on the crown always fades faster than the piping between the crown and the band, at least on all my caps. A good pic of the piping there would be revealing.

I think it is ok, but yes like Boycie says after 1946 it is no longer NKVD. Still in my eyes the cornflower blue cap of the postwar era is just as appealing as the wartime counterpart (I've been trying to get my hands on one for years) I do find the visor and chinstrap wear to be a lot more than the cap itself though, A strange combination.

Not an easy subject to collect.
    Thank you again for your expertise, much appreciated !!!

Greetings, Glenn.

No problem, it is indeed very difficult to find an original cap of this type.

Hello, 100% original MGB cap , piping is different from a NKVD cap. This type or cap existed from 1952 to 1956. Perfect cap for a postwar set. The prince is correct, high but correct because the cap is not damaged, even the sweatband is original. Difficult to find NKVD cap in this condition.
    Regards

Hello Massenez, effective phase out date for cornflower blue caps was 1954, I've personally never seen such a cap dated after the fact. I'd love to see one if you knew of one.

?

Just for information I have seen non-standard cap band and piping color combinations on this type of cap. Brick red piping and raspberry color cap bands. IMO it is the cap construction and materials that is important.
    Last edited by NATJER; 12-05-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Hello Spenwil 73, you are right. I think the last blue NKVD caps were produced in 1954. At that time, the KGB produced the first khaki caps with the blue band. but it seems to me that the blue NKVD caps were still worn until the end of 1955 for the first gray Zhukov-type parade outfits. I have already seen blue caps with the red band, raspberry piping , golden laurels and cockarde type 1955.
    .that's why I have writen "existed from 1952 to 1956". In 1954, the first new caps of KGB (kaki with blue band) were produced in the same factory than the cap shown in the beginning of this post: Артель: "им.23-й год ОКТЯБРЯ".
    I have 11 НКВД blue caps, no one dated 1955 or 1956.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast