Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Any information on this type of dagger?

Article about: Attached is a dagger that came with a group of other German militaria. I am wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this type of dagger by the German military. Thanks, Michael

Default Any information on this type of dagger?

Attached is a dagger that came with a group of other German militaria. I am wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this type of dagger by the German military.

Thanks,

Michael

Any information on this type of dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any information on this type of dagger?
    P
    Many

Hi Michael ..this is nothing I have ever seen that may have been Third Reich Produced and distributed to what ever organization within.

One photo does not say much and if you could post any markings on the blade or anywhere seen for that matter...I will leave this thread here on this forum temporarily before I move it out to a designated forum.

Any extra photos you have please post them ...if this is the only photo then help is very limited.
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I suspect it was very likely homemade. There aren't any specific markings on it and there are little imperfections that would lead me to believe it wasn't a manufactured dagger.

Any information on this type of dagger?Any information on this type of dagger?Any information on this type of dagger?Any information on this type of dagger?Any information on this type of dagger?Any information on this type of dagger?
    Last edited by hanotsri; 08-15-2019 at 02:59 PM.

I think you are probably right, a quite well made home workshop dagger. However making a double fullered blade is not easy, so it probably is a cut down sword blade. The crossguard, hilt and stag horn grip home fabricated. Leather scabbard may be from another knife.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I think you are probably right, a quite well made home workshop dagger. However making a double fullered blade is not easy, so it probably is a cut down sword blade. The crossguard, hilt and stag horn grip home fabricated. Leather scabbard may be from another knife.
    Of the same general opinion, in the U.S. during WW II there was a relatively large group of fighting knives that were made from cut down sword blades. Best Regards, Fred,

IMO, a plated blade so, it did not start life as a home made piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Timing (possibly postwar?) could be an issue, but the missing plating and uneven overall work to me still looks like it's homemade. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any information on this type of dagger?   Any information on this type of dagger?