Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Know What Blade this German Frog goes with?

Article about: Trying to identify this leather Frog with Swartzenberger & Co Nurnberg 1925 on the back and under the release clasp Patent Ritter Any info is greatly appreciated!

Default Anyone Know What Blade this German Frog goes with?

Trying to identify this leather Frog with "Swartzenberger & Co Nurnberg 1925" on the back and under the release clasp "Patent Ritter"

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Guessing for a K98A World War 1 bayo. Gotta get one of them myself. Should not have waited.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Guessing for a K98A World War 1 bayo. Gotta get one of them myself. Should not have waited.
    When you say "gotta get one of them myself" are you referring to the bayonet or the frog?

Most likely IMO not for a blade - my best guess is that it might be something for musical use (like a military band). Best Regards, Fred

Both actually Thisle. Can be had but these items have shot up in price lately. Seems hugh collector interest in World War 1 and 2 items.

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Most likely IMO not for a blade - my best guess is that it might be something for musical use (like a military band). Best Regards, Fred
    What makes you think that, Fred?

I think Fred's onto it. Doesn't look like a bayonet frog, but clearly something attached to it.

Let me know if this makes sense...

This was attached to a bayonet in one of my grandfather's footlockers full of items he acquired during WWII. I took it off of the bayonet because it didn't seem to go with it (considering the bayonet isn't German). Now I'm realizing the bayonet it was clipped on to is a French 1886. I think it is a German capture 1886. Fred is probably right and maybe it was used as a makeshift/replacement frog for the captured 1886.

It was attached to this:

German Capture French 1886 Bayonet?
    Last edited by Thistle51; 10-08-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Now it makes sense. Please post an image with the sheath and bayonet mounted to the frog!

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Now it makes sense. Please post an image with the sheath and bayonet mounted to the frog!
    Here ya go Rich!

Anyone Know What Blade this German Frog goes with?Anyone Know What Blade this German Frog goes with?Anyone Know What Blade this German Frog goes with?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast