MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bahnschutz Hangers? Variant?

Article about: Hello Dagger Peers, Here is my Bahnschutz Dagger. Have always been on the look out for a set of hangers for it. This set has been offered to me. I am noticing a variation in design and spaci

?

Default Bahnschutz Hangers? Variant?

Hello Dagger Peers,

Here is my Bahnschutz Dagger. Have always been on the look out for a set of hangers for it. This set has been offered to me. I am noticing a variation in design and spacing of the thread woven in the black and silver piping. This set has the deluxe type clips and hardware fittings. In my studies I have not seen the spacing as such on the piping between the silver and black weaving like shown with this set. Trying to confirm if they are actually for a Bahnschutz model or for another dagger type. They look period based on material, wear and construction to me. The top hanger clip and both bottom hanger clips are D.R.G.M. Marked appropriately. Just have not seen a set like it prior so thought I would see what the consensus is here.

Open to thoughts here and if you feel they are a variant or simply another hanger type for another dagger other than a Bahnschutz model.

Bahnschutz Hangers?  Variant?

Hangers for review:

These are the model hangers I see most often in my travels with different hardware and the piping is differently spaced:

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Hangers?  Variant?
    P
    Many

I can say with Heer daggers there are variant hanger types...but that doesnt support if the Railway also had the same.
    Im not to versed in Railway hangers and would wait for my thoughts and a matter of fact from the other Gents here.

Maybe Billy G or Gerrit will Chime in.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I can say with Heer daggers there are variant hanger types...but that doesnt support if the Railway also had the same.
    Im not to versed in Railway hangers and would wait for my thoughts and a matter of fact from the other Gents here.

Maybe Billy G or Gerrit will Chime in.

Regards Larry
    Thanks Brother Larry, I know of at least 3 types with the Bahnschutz. This one just has me a little stumped on the woven strap pattern that has me a little uncertain.

?

Based on more research on my part I cannot see that these are for Bahnschutz. I as well consulted with Billy G and neither of us feel they are worth the risk based on other types we have both seen. Cheers! Rossi

Sometimes its like that ....you have to walk away sometimes when in doubt and better your wallet to be safe than sorry.

Good call Bro

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ross my 2 cents...

they stripped a deluxe army hanger and put new straps on them, the straps are not the proper ones known.

This one would not be for my collection if i had that lovely dagger you own

Ger

I would agree with Ger on these hangers. Could they be period, sure. But you’d never know and it would take a lot of work to convince someone else if ever you had to sell them.

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Ross my 2 cents...

they stripped a deluxe army hanger and put new straps on them, the straps are not the proper ones known.

This one would not be for my collection if i had that lovely dagger you own

Ger
    Agree Blade Brother. Billy and I gave them a big thumbs down a few days back. Hope you are well and thanks as always for weighing in with your knowledge and friendship.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Billy G View Post
    I would agree with Ger on these hangers. Could they be period, sure. But you’d never know and it would take a lot of work to convince someone else if ever you had to sell them.
    Thanks again Billy. Did not have a good feeling about them from the start. Appreciate the dialog via PM about them as well. Be safe! Rossi