Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Clean rust spots from luftwaffe/heer scabbard

Article about: Does someone know if its possible to remove rusty spots like these from a ww2 german luftwaffe (or heer) dagger scabbard? What would be the way to go about it?

?

Default Clean rust spots from luftwaffe/heer scabbard

Does someone know if its possible to remove rusty spots like these from a ww2 german luftwaffe (or heer) dagger scabbard? What would be the way to go about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clean rust spots from luftwaffe/heer scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clean rust spots from luftwaffe/heer scabbard
    P
    Many

?

It may be possible, but ill-advised IMO, wait for others to weigh in on this subject..G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

As above, I wouldn't be doing anything about it. If that's the only spots after 80 years then there's not much wrong. Keep it in an environment that is dry and stable and it won't get worse. Best to leave it for fear of making it worse or damaging further. Hopefully some more opinions will be incoming.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks guys!

A WD40 soaking may be an option..which does lift off rust ...yet wait for others to chime in on this application to see if it is safe for scabbards.
    You dont want to accidentally lift off the silver finish.

Wait for more thoughts.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Autosol chrome polish will remove some of the rust blemishes although it cannot replace the damage done to the metal.

If it was me & just a blemish...... I'd leave it
    Paul

?

As this is a nickelplated scabbard my advise would be to leave it as is, these rust spots are already on the steel and have punctured the thin nickel layer.
    Plate lifting next to the spots can be the result if you use to much WD40 and for sure will not help you if its more then surface rust, and looking at it im pretty sure you will not gain anything.

Ger