Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dagger Blade Care? Blade care and storage

Article about: I have some daggers that have some smudges and stuff not sure if it's oil from or what. I just wanted to know what is the best way to clean the knife and have the blade maintained for storag

RRA
    ?

Default Dagger Blade Care? Blade care and storage

I have some daggers that have some smudges and stuff not sure if it's oil from or what. I just wanted to know what is the best way to clean the knife and have the blade maintained for storage?

I don't want to restore or affect the value of the knife just have it clean and ready to be placed away. Also the knives I have inherited sat in the scabbard for years which I think may have contributed to the aging. Should they be stored in scabbard or out? Also if stored out would a blade sock or like a dagger bag zipper case be better then open air.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger Blade Care? Blade care and storage
    P
    Many

?

I clean blades with WD40, spray them and give it a bit of time to work, slowly old grease or dried up oil will slowly vanish.
    After that you can use a weapon oil or use WD40, but i renew the wd40 every 6 months, i always keep them in their scabbards.
    If you want to display them outside a scabbard you can use Renwax on a clean blade to preserve it.

Ger