Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK Hewer to my Collection

Article about: -- This blade has won me over. I went back and forth before purchasing but decided they're not walking into my area every day of the week so I pulled the trigger and bought it. I'm happy I d

Default DRK Hewer to my Collection

-- This blade has won me over. I went back and forth before purchasing but decided they're not walking into my area every day of the week so I pulled the trigger and bought it. I'm happy I did. A wonderful feel in the hand and the look of it unsheathed is brutally beautiful. I'll keep my eyes and wallet open should another come across my radar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hewer to my Collection
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That sure looks to be in near mint condition. A must have for any blade collector

Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice find MT

The overall condition makes this Red cross hewer very desirable

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I hope im wrong but im pretty sure the scabbard does not have its Original high glossy paint.
    That one easily spiders, but also breaks in time and does not roll up like a fresh paint does, and years has that kind of wear below the guard.

Ger

Very nice!

TWS
    ?

Nice example! DRK Hewers are handsome and that is a nice specimen.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I hope im wrong but im pretty sure the scabbard does not have its Original high glossy paint.
    That one easily spiders, but also breaks in time and does not roll up like a fresh paint does, and years has that kind of wear below the guard.

Ger
    -- I'm pretty confident in it's authenticity but for the simple fact it came from the collection of a now deceased collector whom collected over many decades. That, and every item purchased has been looked over quite thoroughly and researched as much as possible. I know such items don't come around my city so often so I've worked diligently to buy up as much of his collection as possible because the condition of its items is very high and the collector was bona fide.

?

As someone living in Victoria you are correct not many of these show up locally, I know I watch for them and collect DRK. The dagger it self is really nice my concern is that that scabbard should have screws in the lower cap if it doesn't means that the scabbard has been switched at some point. I am not saying recently but at some point, these large style cross are indicative of Klaas and Klaas used 4 screws in construction of the scabbard.

-- I took out my loop and was able to make out "GES GESCHUTZT" stamped on the blade under the cross guard on the reverse side.

?

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    -- I took out my loop and was able to make out "GES GESCHUTZT" stamped on the blade under the cross guard on the reverse side.
    That is the legally pending, the equivalent of patent pending on English items. Most DRK hewers will have this (not all) all Klaas style eagles have them on the back, while PDL will have them back or front.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast