Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Early SA Dagger “Konejung”

Article about: Hello all, A friend of mine found this in a box of old knives in his fathers house after he passed. He asked me if it’s worth anything... we’ll... it’s seen better days. I him that the

Default Early SA Dagger “Konejung”

Hello all,

A friend of mine found this in a box of old knives in his fathers house after he passed. He asked me if it’s worth anything... we’ll... it’s seen better days. I explained to him that there’s not much collector value because of condition, but it will always have historical value.

Sadly, it was on the bottom of a lot of heavy knives and machetes that were badly rusted.

Mismatched scabbard... not in great condition as you can see. These are the only photos... maybe a rare maker? Original finish on the handle or was it worked?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SA Dagger “Konejung”   Early SA Dagger “Konejung”  

Last edited by 26Intrepid; 07-06-2022 at 10:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SA Dagger “Konejung”
    P
    Many

Its a shame that the Konejung dagger has been messed with being a put together with the wrong upper crossguard ...the blade and lower guard reversed.
    the blade shows some bad age...but might clean up a little.

The partial Chained SS scabbard has alot of promise as it is the initial production type either being the kind used on a Type A or B1.

Its missing the chain...but still shows decent original scabbard paint.
    There is value in that scabbard...but hard to put a price tag on it.

Herm Konejung was one of the earliest producers and very common to find 20 years ago...now finding a Herm Konejung SA is like hens teeth.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the assessment Larry... I will pass it onto him.

As far as the handle/grip, has the original finish been stripped? The color looks pretty light. I agree, sadly is wasn’t cared for properly. Apparently, it was much worse when he found it.

Yes, I told him most likely it’s a parts dagger, but wasn’t totally sure... so I thought I would post here for a definitive answer.

Thanks again,
    D
    Last edited by 26Intrepid; 07-06-2022 at 10:27 AM.

?

You could treat the grip with some wax as wood does dry out and yours has perhaps been stripped.

The purists will tell you Renaissance wax but any good furniture wax (not spray-on) will do. Light coats, gently applied and wiped off.

Dave

Thanks for the info Mr Dave... I will pass on to the owner.