Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Dagger

Article about: Hey! Have an opportunity to purchase this dagger. I'm looking for help from you in deciding how much to pay for it and what condition it's in. Seller told me it has a minor crack on handle a

Default Eickhorn Dagger

Hey! Have an opportunity to purchase this dagger. I'm looking for help from you in deciding how much to pay for it and what condition it's in. Seller told me it has a "minor" crack on handle and "minor wear" on blade. Any remarks/suggestions HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks! Eickhorn DaggerEickhorn DaggerEickhorn DaggerEickhorn Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eickhorn Dagger

I saw that on the facebook post by the Justin kid. Depending on the price it varies, you can see the heavy wear and scratching on the bottom. Like i said it all depends on the price, it looks good but the heavy scratches would deter me from buying it.
    Also its an RAD Hewer
    Ryan

?

Looks like the tip of the blade has been re shaped !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

The blade has almost certainly been reground. Looks like it's been crudely sharpened as well. It would not be for my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

To be honest in this hoby you can get quite a varied collection if you dont go for the top items.
    Its all up to money at the end of the day.Some people only collect ground dug for the cost while others like worn.Some want it in its original wrapper with a bow tied to it.
    I like a bit of both.As a working item i dont mind a sharp one ,or worn insignia,but not a dress one.It still is a fine piece IMO.Looks all original.Down to if it fits into your collection and bank ballance.
    I would put it at about £300 pounds maby less.
    Regards Pete

What the blade profile should look like.

Eickhorn Dagger

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

yup its a RAD Hewer, later model logo, its been messed with, closer photo's would probably show more problems, definatly do not pay over 400 IMO

Looks real to me

?

i wonder how those sharpening schratches can be under the GES. stamp/etsch... am i stubid or blind ?

If you look at the blood groove line compared to Neds correct image example..you can see that the blade has been extremely shortened. Dont waste your time or money on a lesser example as this..although it appears to be authentic..but that shortening is not hard to miss at all. Thank you for posting this dagger and Thank you Ned also. Hard to believe someone had to do this to this dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast