Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

fake blade?

Article about: Hi all, I recently got this blade, both the seller and I are fairly sure that this is just a fake and for that reason I got the blade for free, but I would still like your opinion. Greetings

Default fake blade?

Hi all,

I recently got this blade, both the seller and I are fairly sure that this is just a fantasy item and for that reason I got the blade for free, but I would still like your opinion.

Greetings,
    Cydrych
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake blade?   fake blade?  

fake blade?   fake blade?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake blade?
    P
    Many

Haven't seen anything like this before and I belive too it is fake
    -TJ-

You are correct. It is a modern fantasy item.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Its amazing what laser printers can do these days and the items it can engrave in.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Whether we like it or not TR blade collecting is full of "stories", some of which can result in very expensive lessons for the unwary who accept at face value some of the statements that have been made by even some very well known individuals in collecting. That is NOT repeat NOT the case here - just a general statement. So (tongue firmly planted in cheek) if I put on the "hat" of one who comes to mind how would I describe this knife blade?? "Blade from a 'Last Ditch' Hitler Youth knife made for the "Werewolves" that were defending Germany at the end of WW2 who had adopted the Eight Virtues of the Bushido Code". That should work. Best Regards, Fred

There is just no end to the imaginative items out there!

?

Yeah, its fake. If its sharp you can still use it for cooking XD

The etching on the blade is clearly a fake. However the blade could have originated in a pre-WW2 hunting knife or dagger. The mark shown is a known TIGER brand logo used during TR era. The fact the hilt and pommel is missing is probably as it would betray the knife as civilian use.

This is what the knife blade would have originally been fitted to, a hunting knife. This one is German made but not a Tiger brand one.

fake blade?fake blade?

TIGER brand was owned by the Lauterjung company that also owned the PUMA brand during the TR era.