Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Found NPEA dagger under old house... What to do with it/is it real

Article about: Hey guys, after reading around the forum I decided I'd join to share something I found and hopefully gain some information about it. I was exploring a burned down hoarder's house who was fri

Quote by gerrit View Post
    A bit strange that the grip would be burned and the alu guards didnt melt down either.Ger
    Apart from the explanation by OP as to what happened to the guards of the other dagger a possible reason for this kind of thing is a "slow burn" or smouldering in an area with very low oxygen levels which it sounds like might be the case here. Combustible carbon based items like wood are completely consumed as if "eaten" whilst non combustible materials hardly seem affected at all. As an aside this is the kind of environment where if oxygen is suddenly allowed in perhaps by opening a door etc whilst the burn is still in progress that a full on flame can errupt!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-02-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found NPEA dagger under old house... What to do with it/is it real
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2