Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Free authentication and valuation service.

Article about: Yes, that's what you get here. Great isn't it! At some point in time we've all done it or asked for help in this area. Some of us move on and use the forum to learn from, contribute to and a

?

Default Free authentication and valuation service.

Yes, that's what you get here.

Great isn't it!

At some point in time we've all done it or asked for help in this area.

Some of us move on and use the forum to learn from, contribute to and are able to repay in some way the help and advice we've received either by becoming a paying member or, in turn, being able to offer help to new or old members who ask the same question.

On the other hand there is a growing core of members, some new, others more long standing who join purely just to take advantage of the good nature and helpful stance taken by the majority of the membership here.

Posts along the lines of 'Is it real? What's it worth' are all well and good but from members who've been here for a period of time and gained a reasonable post count? Have you not learnt anything? Are you not able to contribute any more to the forum other than posts such as above?

For new members/collectors I can understand and sympathize with and will do my best to help, the same as most other members will but after 200 odd posts and more than say, six months on the forum you're still asking the same thing over and over again? Why is that? Are we doing anything wrong? Are things not explained properly and the advice given been difficult to digest and understand?

I don't think so.

I would suggest that there is a level of laziness and 'can't be bothered to look it up' going on here and it is far easier to start a new thread and get others to do the work for you rather than make a tiny effort to find out for yourself.
    There was an example recently where a member, not well established but has been here long enough to know their way around, posted a 'Is it real, how much should I pay?' type question. It was a common item of which there are are many examples posted, I know that because Ive seen them and also posted one myself.
    The member, when questioned claimed they couldn't find a similar example.
    Absolute rubbish. I went to the correct forum, typed in the item enquired about and was rewarded with five pages of results. It took less time to do than create and post a new thread.
    If you want to check something out use the SEARCH facility, do some research and try and come to some conclusions yourself. You might actually learn something!
    If you're still not sure then by all means, start a thread but don't wade in with a 'Is it real?' question and leave it at that. We are a discussion forum. Use the research you've done to incorporate into your question and discuss it.
    Stop relying on others to do the donkey work for you, especially if you know your way around the forum!

To those members who join to find out what it's worth and if it's real purely just to line your own pocket on ebay/other forums/auction sites and have no interest in making further contributions then I'm sorry but you can take a hike.
    I would urge the membership here with integrity and decency to investigate the posting history behind these members and if you can see a trend of the above type posts then don't bother answering. You can tell a freeloader from a genuine new member/collector very easily.

One more thing.

To all those who ask for an appraisal/authentication/valuation on an item and then after a few hours make a new post bemoaning the lack of answers........

........who the hell do you think you are?

The Forum Staff and Members are here in their own time and give their help freely and honestly. We are not an 'answer on demand' service and it really annoys me and very many others when an attitude of 'why haven't you answered my question?' comes into play.
    Surprisingly to some, we all have lives, jobs, family, friends, eating, sleeping etc to fit in around the forum so just because your question hasn't been addressed within minutes of you posting it, don't start getting impatient. Someone will be along to answer it in their own time, not at your behest!

If any of the above could apply to you, have a word with yourself and try and become a giver rather than a taker. Make an effort!

Part 2 , Post 11 : Free authentication and valuation service.
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-04-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Free authentication and valuation service.
    P
    Many