MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German boot knife?

Article about: Today I got this knife being sold as a German fighting knife. By how long the attaching thingie is, this looks more like a boot knife. Unfortunately, I can see no maker marks anywhere, and t

Default German boot knife?

German boot knife?German boot knife?German boot knife?

Today I got this knife being sold as a German fighting knife. By how long the attaching thingie is, this looks more like a boot knife. Unfortunately, I can see no maker marks anywhere, and the style just seems different from other boot knives I've seen pictures of. Total length is 10 1/2 in. long, blade length 6 3/4 long. It's still very sharp, I almost slit my hand open when inspecting it.

Is it a civilian table knife that just fits in this scabbard really well? I hope it isn't.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German boot knife?
    P
    Many

Take note of the grind of the blade, this grind style is exclusive almost completely to fighting knives/boot knives.
    This one is rough, and missing the guard.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Take note of the grind of the blade, this grind style is exclusive almost completely to fighting knives/boot knives.
    This one is rough, and missing the guard.
    Ralph.
    That's good to know. I'd rather have a rough knife than a table knife. As you can see, I know nothing about these.

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    ... Unfortunately, I can see no maker marks anywhere, and the style just seems different from other boot knives I've seen pictures of. ...
    help identify WW1 german knife

The knife is an private purchased WWI German Armeedolch, stored in a WWII scabbard of an Infanteriemesser 42

Infanteriemesser 42